So, going into FitBloggin’, I posted that I had a few goals.
Here’s a quick recap and my assessment of whether I met them or not, from a really high level:
So going into my first FitBloggin’, and as someone who can be a bit shy in big groups, I am setting a few goals:
1. I want to meet three people, in person, whose personality and blogs inspire me to add to my blogroll.
2. I want to be present and involved at EVERY session.
3. I want to try new things that I wouldn’t normally.
4. I want to learn three things that I think will improve my blog.
5. I want to learn three things that I think will improve my fitness.
Let’s walk through these goals in reverse order:
- 3 things to improve my fitness:
- Mental health can seriously effect your ability to work on your physical health.
- I got a PostureFit bar (getposturefit.com) which is really helping with my neck stiffness!
- Yoga can be a really challenging and intense workout! Going to work some more flexibility sessions (yoga, pilates) into my routine.
- 3 things to help with my blog:
- Use social media wisely and with intention.
- Engage with other bloggers who have similar interests.
- Create a focus. Working on that. More to come. 🙂
- Try things I wouldn’t normally:
I participated in an impromptu speech and a lip sync competition. These are the types of things I would usually watch others participate in. So I decided to face my fears and go for it! I am usually really worried about embarrassing myself or making myself look dumb. I might have done that, but I had fun and decided to put myself out there.
- Be present and involved at EVERY session:
I admit, I had a few sessions where I listened instead of participating, but I was engaged and learning constantly!
Drumroll for the Blogroll!!!
Goal 1 was to meet three people who inspired me and whose blog I felt worthy of adding to my blogroll. I met so many awesome people and my feedly (which is what I use to collect all the blog feeds I want to read!) is full of new blogs. I love it! But I did want to give a little love to four people/blogs that I discovered through FitBloggin’ that I love!
1. Sweet Success by Sara: http://www.sweetsuccessbysara.com/
Sara is a health coach and fitness instructor. She has great energy, and a passion for fitness and food! Her blog is full of great, healthy recipes and work out inspiration! Go check her out!
2. Powered By Bling: http://www.poweredbybling.com/
Cassandra was so friendly and down to earth and encouraging! She is a breast cancer survivor who competes in triathlons. The bling in Powered By Bling is referencing those fabulous medals you get after finishing a race. Her blog is full of motivation and recipes, and does a great job of creating community on the internet. Go check her out!
3. Beauty in Christ: http://beautyinchristthebook.com/
Emily is such a positive, beautiful spirit, and she blogs about her recovery from eating disorder, and how her faith has changed her perspective on health, body image, and life. I am currently reading her book, and really enjoying it. Go check her out!
4. Brooke: Not On a Diet: http://brookenotonadiet.com/
Brooke is one hundred percent herself, and I love that! Her confidence and energy is contagious, and her blog is full of food and fitness inspiration that does not resort to fad dieting! Go check her out!