Today is Foodie Friday, a link up hosted by some great ladies, which you can find out more about here. Apparently, this is National Apple week, which has inspired me to share a recipe I created years ago that uses apple and apple cider! The picture isn’t exactly the most amazing ever, but the meal was delicious! The recipe for the skillet is below. It’s pictured with quinoa (make as directed on the box!) and a very simple puree, which I made by microwaving equal parts rutabaga and butternut squash (peeled and cubed). Then, smash or puree in a food processor. Then add a bit of honey, salt, and all spice, pretty much all to taste.
You can easily cut the recipe in half for a great meal for one or double the recipe to feed a family or have easy left overs!
Overall, a delicious meal!
- 4 turkey brats
- 1 granny smith apple, cubed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 jug of apple cider
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Pour the apple cider into a pot.
- Add the Turkey Brats, and cook completely (appr 10 minutes).
- Once the brats are cooked, remove from the pot and cut into small rounds.
- Heat a small skillet with the coconut oil. Add the brat rounds, the apple, and the onion. Sautee until the brats have a nice brown cook, and the apples and onions are tender.