Today, my dear friend Nancy and I co-hosted a baby shower for our friend Laurel. The theme was Sugar and Spice to celebrate Laurel’s baby girl, due in November. We put a lot of heart and crafts into this shower, so I wanted to share some of our decorations, food, and ideas!
It was super fun to plan, craft and execute the shower with one of my closest friends! Thanks, Nancy, for being awesome and crafty, and throwing this shower with me! 🙂 It was cool to be able to love on our friend from afar (she lives in Michigan now) and celebrate her pregnancy!
Here is a rundown of the food, games and crafts:
– Strawberries, hulled, and filled with a marscapone, balsamic vinegar, cream cheese, and powder sugar, blended together
– Sliced red and orange peppers
– Pumpkin dip and vanilla wafers
– Deviled eggs
– sausage meat balls
– fresh salsa and chips
– spinach dip and pita chips
– garlic bread
– guess the spice
– guess the name that the initials represent
– draw and pass game (this game is a little confusing to explain. Basically, everyone has a stack of papers equal to the number of people in the room. Each person writes a word or phrase related to pregnancy or babies. Then you pass the stack. You look at the stack given to you, place the top paper that had a word or phrase on it on the bottom. Then you draw that word. Then everyone passes. You look at the picture given to you, place it on the bottom. Then you write your best guess of the drawing on the top sheet. Everyone passes. Then you draw the phrase. So on and so on until you get your stack back. Then, you share and its hilarious)
– Thank you card lottery. Have a stack of pre-return-addressed thank you cards. have each guest write their name and address on the front of the card. Then have a drawing for a prize. In this way, the new mama has a stack of already addressed thank you cards. It makes it alot easier on her!
– Advice. We had die cuts of baby related shapes, and had each guest write some advice for the new mama on the die cut. I am going to put the die cuts in a photo book and mail them to the mama. A great present/keepsake! I’ll post a few pictures when I finish it!
– It’s A Girl banner, made from tulle ribbon from Hobby Lobby, and hand cut letters, tied at the ends with ribbons
– Pom Poms
– Tulle Runner
– Candy centerpiece
– Modpodge Initials
– Name cards
– Napkin rolls with ribbon
– Candy accents in white and pink
– we stole the favor idea from here: http://www.bakerella.com/mix-things-up/ and then Nancy created takes that fit our baby shower theme, and used beautiful color coordinating cloth to cover them. We used the recipe from that site, also, and Nancy tested them out and said they were delicious!
So I think that it is! Feel free to message if you want more details on anything we put together!